Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birds and Nest Congratulations Card



Apologies first off for the quality of the first image. Can you tell it is birds and a nest - a beautiful image let down by my dodgy photography. The image is from The Graphics Fairy. It's printed on gloss paper and cuttlebugged.

In "real" life it is quite delicate and the embossed Swiss Dots enhance the look rather than detract from it. The second photo shows my first attempt at stamping on ribbon and the layering of my tiny scraps of card with my much loved Martha Stewart doily punch. Next time, I'll leave off the exclamation mark, I think... learning all the time.

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments #36 - Use Your Scraps (scraps of ribbon and scraps of card)
Stamp Something - Digi (Digi birds and nest) (Closes Thurs September 23rd)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the stamped image and your ribbon stamping looks great for a first time. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Design this week.
    Kim xXx
    p.s not sure why but your blog is all on one side (the left) so it mingles with the purple boarder making it difficult to read, just thought I should let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that was weird after I pressed publish to post my comment your blog went back to the middle so forget that added comment above lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab creation! Thanks so much for joining us at CS this wk hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, ty for joining us at crafty sentiments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is a lovely card. I like your embossing of the main image and the stamping on the ribbon, never tried those before, they look great. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that heart ribbon is so cute and that image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Nice punch work. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ribbon is beautiful and the layered punched elements! Beautiful card!!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the embossing and the stamping on the ribbon!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments use your scraps challenge this week

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to look at my blog. I hope you will visit again.