Saturday, August 28, 2010

How Many Types Of Ribbon Are There? A Roundup

I've been reading The Complete Photo Guide to Ribbon Crafts

They list ribbons I hadn't thought of, so just for fun, I thought I'd explore. Here's a bit of a list of the different type of ribbons and tying fibres available these days. Still a lot I need to try out.

Isn't it wonderful to have so many crafty choices? Any others?

Types of Ribbon Roundup
  • Satin
  • Taffeta
  • Picot Edge
  • Grosgrain
  • Twill
  • Jacquard
  • Sheer - Organza, Georgette etc.
  • Velvet
  • Chenille
  • Silk
  • Metallic
  • Wire Edge
  • Synthetic (Curling Ribbons etc.)
  • Paper, Jute, Raffia, Other Fibres including recycled
  • Knitting Ribbons
  • String, Baker's Twine, Wool
  • Cord
  • Lace
  • Ric Rac
  • Wrinkled Ribbon
  • Suede
  • Fancy - Pearls, Sequins, 
  • Shaped - Leaves, Flowers etc.
  • Punched Metal e.g. Sequin Waste
 And that's without thinking of patterns and other variations such as stitched ribbon etc.
    Can you think of any other types of ribbon I've missed?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to look at my blog. I hope you will visit again.